Monday, May 28, 2012

Easy Pizza


My eldest son knows Pizza Hut. And KFC. And McDonald. Oh yes, he does. So wherever we go, he could spot those junk food restaurants. He likes pizza. So far after we got here, I just bought pizza crust from stores, and put on the toppings myself, bake few minutes and served. But, since I made bread once or twice, I feel a little confidence to try another type of breads. I made pastry too! But I haven't post anything about it, because I don't think it's 100% success. Well, maybe just about 70-80% success, ha ha!
Anyway, as always, I Googled the easiest recipe there is. I stumbled upon this Jim Lahey's easy way to make pizza crust. The ingredients are just minimum. All you have to do is stir and sleep over it. The change I made was just the water. The recipe just says 'water', but I decided to use lukewarm water instead.

I made it, and it turned out great. Just the way I like it. I made thin pizza with the easiest topping: whatever I had in fridge. Surely, I will make this again.


Easy Pizza

Ingredients:

3 ¾ cups bread flour, plus more for shaping the dough
1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
2 teaspoons salt
1 ½ cups lukewarm water
this is the best moment when making bread; when they puffed into chubby but air-light, just like my sons' cheeks when they were babies!

Directions:
- In a medium bowl, stir in yeast into the water. Set aside until it's a bit bubley.
- Thoroughly blend in the flour and salt and with a wooden spoon or your hands.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel and allow it to rise at room temperature for 18 hours or until it has more than doubled. It will take longer in a chilly room and less time in a very warm one. I personally made it after dinner and left it in warmer room over night, then made it as lunch the day after.
- Flour a work surface and scrape out the dough. Divide it into 4 equal parts and shape them: For each portion, start with the edges of the dough and pull it toward the centre. Shape each portion into a round and turn seam side down. Mold the dough into a neat circular mound. The mounds should not be sticky; if they are, dust with more flour.
- If you don’t intend to use the dough right away, wrap the balls individually in plastic and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Return to room temperature by leaving them out on the counter, covered in a damp cloth, for 2 to 3 hours before needed.
- Flat your dough with your hands, add toppings. I added whatever I could get from the fridge; olive oil, tomato sauce, minced garlic, black pepper, bell pepper, mushroom, beef sausages, chicken dices and mozzarella cheese.
- Grill in oven that already heated up to 250C for about 10 minutes. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment