Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pumpkin and Cheese Cream Pull Apart Bread

Hi!

I always curious how can I work on pumpkin. Pumpkin seems to be easily found in supermarket. So, I saw these two recipes, this and that. I thought why not making the pumpkin cheese cream bread into real bread instead of quick bread?

I combined the two recipes above yesterday. In the pull apart bread recipe it calls for 425 grams of pumpkin. Since I used fresh pumpkin, it is a little bit unpredictable how many grams of flesh you can scoop out of the fresh pumpkin, and I decided not to waste anything, so I put them all 460 grams. It results the dough really wet and sticky, so I add 1/4 cup flour, and then another 1/4 cup again. I totally added 1/2 cup flour more than the original recipe. The dough is not as 'dry' as usual bread dough I know. It was still a bit wet and sticky. I try to avoid the stickiness by covering my hands with flour, then water, then oil. Oil is probably the best one, just a drop or two of oil on your hands and shape the dough round. That's it and say bismillah :)


peek-a-boo cheese!


My pumpkin was not a perfectly smooth mashed, but it is alright. My cinnamon was grated freshly, but the ground nutmeg was coming from the box. I used oil instead of butter, so it could be dairy-free bread if you make it without cream cheese. Oh, I also used mix of white flour and wholemeal flour, just whatever I had at home.

I sit the dough overnight with cream cheese filling in it, just because I want it as breakfast the next morning. I was so glad that it came out well, moist and raised. It also has nice natural orange-brownish color.

Have a pumpkin bread :)

closer..

Pumpkin and Cheese Cream Pull Apart Bread


Ingredients:

Bread

3 cups white flour
1 1/2 cups wholemeal flour
1/3 cup lukewarm water
2 1/4 tsp yeast
1/3 sunflower oil
460 grams steamed pumpkin
1 tsp salt
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp ground or grated cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
2-4 tbsp sunflower oil
2 tbsp raw sugar

Filling
250 gram cream cheese
1 egg
1/4 white sugar

Directions:

Bread

- In a mixing bowl add the water and sprinkle the yeast. Leave until the yeast dissolves and bubly, about 5 minutes.
- Add the 1/3 cup of oil, the pumpkin, spices, salt, sugar, and the flour.
- Knead the dough with your hand until it is not so sticky and can be shaped into a ball. Oil your palms with a little drop of oil when shaping the dough.
- The dough is sticky but still be able to be shaped into a ball.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic foil and leave at room temperature until doubled in volume.
- Meanwhile, make the cream cheese filling (see bellow).
- When risen, divide the dough in 16 pieces, flatten each piece, spoon about one tablespoon of cheese cream filling in the center and gently fold the buns completely covering the cream cheese.
- Place the filled buns in a greased or lined baking pan (I used one 20x20cm baking pans).
- Cover again with plastic wrap and leave to rise for 30 more minutes. I left it overnight because I want it for breakfast.
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Just before putting the dough in the oven, brush carefully the oil on top of filled buns. Sprinkle some raw sugar on top and bake for 35 minutes.
- Cool slightly in the pan before removing it.

Filling
- Mix sugar and egg with low speed until just mix.
- Add in cream cheese and mix until smooth.
- Set aside.

Enjoy :)


say 'cheese' :)














No comments:

Post a Comment