Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Make Your Own Fabric Boxes

The most expensive thing (non-living things!) I wish to have is probably a house. I do not really keen on gold, diamonds or cars. Unfortunately, last year we found that we cannot buy a house in near future, and still uncertain about in faaarrrr future either. It shocked me at first, but eventually I can accept that. It's about following what Allah's command. Eventually I believe that if we follow Him, He must have something better for us, more than what we could ever think of. Could it be house in Jannah? Inshaa Allah.

So, back to mortal world :) If we still cannot have our own house, it does not mean we could not create home, right? I told this to myself actually. Our house is a mess. With two boys hanging around and never stop moving, it's not easy to keep the house tidy and clean. I rrrrreallly need to organize this house. Maybe I need a system, I thought. I don't know, something!

Google is my clever friend. I started to google about how to organizing house...with limited budget, of course. I do not know where to start, so I start anywhere :D Well, first, I sorted unused stuffs by throw them away or donate them. Then I made 'sketches' of what things need to be organized. I'm probably not a perect planner, so my plan and sketches are quite a mess too. I do not have time limit, which probably a wrong move.

Anyway!
My sons' bedroom have quite limited clothes storage. Everytime they pull clothes, it usually cause some mess. So, I thought I need boxes and try to fold clothes differently. I got cardboard boxes freely from Pak'n'Save and with some fabric and old bedsheet I made some boxes. I made them only with glue gun and scissor, and hope it stay firm quite long. I planned to make some more boxes for our clothes and some other stuffs. However, until I type this post I still haven make another single box yet.

Oh, this organizing thing probably need more (and more) time. If possible, I hope I can finish it before October. Why October? Just because I need this house well-organized, pronto!

I thought I was going to give you the 'how to' to make the boxes, but there are a lot of great 'how to'-videos you can check out. So I will just give you before and after the cardboard boxes got makeover.

Here is the 'before'

And here is 'almost-after'. Ha ha, I know, just a little bit better. At least I feel better :)

Well, I hope this post usefull or inspiring. Otherwise, oh what a heck :D !

No comments:

Post a Comment