Monday, September 30, 2013

Crumb Banana Bread

Holla!
I think I had posted banana bread recipe before? Oh right, here it is. I am sooo often making banana bread. You know, ugly skinned bananas could easily found in our home when my hubby missed to eat the banana, or if we buy them too much for a week. Yea, my hubby is the prime banana-eater at home, and yes, we buy banana once a week.
Anyway, banana is easy snack or breakfast menu. So today I'm going to post another banana bread. The different from the previous one is the crumbs and the chocolate chip.


This is not really from scratch crumbe...well, not almost. Hm, not it's confusing how to explain this.
Anyway this crumbs is made from leftover Oatmeal Lace Cookies. There.
I put the crumbs after 10 minutes bake, and they come out not to sticky to the dough. Maybe next time I put the crumbs before baking.
It is spring school holiday and the boys need snacks. If the boys at home, I need something quick to make. You know what I mean?

This is easy recipe. The source is from Elise.com,unfortunately, I no longer have the link. However, I made some changes somewhere.

Here it is.

Crumb Banana Bread

Ingredients:

3-4 bananas
1 egg, beaten
1 1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
a pinch of salt
a handful of chocolate chips(or more if you please!)
some Oatmeal Lace Cookies, mashed coarsely


Directions:
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Mash banana with fork in a bowl.
- Mix in sugar, salt, oil and egg.
- In another bowl mix flour, baking soda and chocolate chips.
- Mix them all together with spatula and do ot over mix it.
- Pour in lined loaf tin.
- Spread the crumbles to cover the top of dough, or you can spread it after 10 minutes bake just ike I did, but it would not be to sticky to the dough.
- Bake it about 50-60 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment